Hi guys, it’s Q&A time! Thank you so much for submitting your questions about me and my blog. I was really excited to put some time and heart into answering them. Y’all came out with some really good questions. Are you ready for this? Here we go…
- What made you decide to start a fashion blog? How long ago did you start?
Four years ago, I accidently entered a Brazilian blogger’s website. I didn’t know a thing about blogs not even what a fashion blogger was. What this blogger was doing really moved me and kept me interested for months. I remember one afternoon, I spent hours studying and reading her blog. I was fascinated by what she was doing: showing #ootds, introducing new products, talking about new fashion trends. I got so hooked that I started to dig deeper and look into other fashion blogs. Not too long after, I thought to myself: “it would be amazing to create my own blog and share the things I love with other people.” That’s when I decided to create Color Me Sassy, on September of 2013. I must say though, it started out great! My first month I got one thousand views on my blog and I was supper pumped. Unfortunately, I got very busy with school and work and didn’t have much time to create new content for my blog. That discouraged me and made me question if I was good enough to keep pursuing Color Me Sassy. Before diving back into my blog head first, I had to silence my own fears and renew my self-confidence. I will never regret the decision to keep moving forward and I don’t plan on stopping.
- What’s one of your favorite things about blogging?
As a blogger, I really enjoy having the creative freedom to post whatever I want, whenever I want. I enjoy being able to work with brands that I’m passionate about, but most importantly, I enjoy connecting with my readers and other bloggers. It’s funny because in this digital world, we make friends with people across the world that we may not even meet in person one day…this is fascinating to me.
- What got you interested or started in fashion?
I always had a passion for fashion but never had done anything about it. In Brazil I graduated in Hospitality (Hotel Management) and never pursued a career in that field. When I was living in the U.S. I decided I wanted to be more involved in the fashion industry and that’s when I went to school for Fashion Merchandising. I guess the uniqueness in the Brazilian fashion world is what always enchanted me and made me love fashion.
- What has been your greatest challenge when it comes to blogging?
In life, there will always be a challenge to overcome, we just have to go through it. I think the biggest one right now is that if I have to take photos, I have to wait till the weekend to do that. My hubby takes photos for me and we can only do that on the weekend. Sometimes when we are busy and don’t have time to shoot photos, I get very frustrated.
- What kind of camera and lens do you use?
I use a Canon Rebel T1i and I recently started to use the EF 55mm 1:1.8 lens. The EF 55mm is pretty affordable compared to other lens. This is the type of lens that most bloggers use because it creates that cool blurred background that we all like.
- What’s your favorite Instagram filter?
I often use Color Story app. I use the Fresh filter and under that filter I use Snow. This filter helps make my photos look brighter. Additionally, I tend to lower all of the shadows in my photos, which helps to maintain consistent black levels.
- What do you use for photo editing?
I’m in the process of learning how to use Adobe Light Room to edit photos. Currently, I use Photoshop or Color Story, if I take a photo with my Iphone. So far, I’m really impressed with the control that you get with Lightroom.
- I would love to know the one thing you can’t live without?
Besides my family and my dog, some of the top things I can’t live without are coffee and sweets (ice cream and cake especially).
- What is your favorite dry shampoo?
I haven’t tried many dry shampoos yet because I don’t use them that often but, the one I have at home and I like it is from Tresemme.
- What’s your favorite skincare product?
I don’t have a favorite skincare product but here are a few of my favorites:
Face Mask: Derma9 Zone Mask System
Exfoliation: St, Ives.
Here are some of my favorite makeup products:
Eyeliner: NYX in dark brown
Lipstick: Relentless Red Matte from MAC
Mascara: Roller Lash by Benefit
- What’s your favorite brand?
I think it’s impossible to choose one favorite brand but here are some of my favorites:
- I used to work at Ann Taylor Loft so I own a lot of jeans from them. I usually go there for jeans or Nordstrom’s because of the large variety of brands to choose from.
- I absolutely love to shop at Zara for anything. That’s a fast fashion store so they always have current fashion trends.
- Other cool stores: Madewell, Lulus, Shop Tobi and Swirl Boutique.
- I also love to shop for purses at Fossil. They make high quality handbags that last long.
- If I were in Brazil (my birth country) I would spend all my money at Farm Rio. At Farm Rio they have the most amazing patterns and everything is colorful. The brand really brings up the lively culture of Brazil.
- What is your biggest insecurity as a woman?
As a woman, I want to be a good wife to my husband and even a better mom to my son. I want to make them proud of who I am and what I’ve done. My biggest fear is to disappoint either of them. I don’t want that to ever happen.
- If money weren’t an object what would your perfect day be like?
The perfect day for me would be spent on the beach with my family in Brazil, enjoying the sun, playing games, and swimming in the ocean. I would probably have a “Caipirinha” in my hands too (famous Brazilian drink).
- How is it like to be living in a foreign country? Is fashion the same in both countries?
You go through many struggles when you move to a foreign country, you try to learn a new language, make new friends, learn how to get around in a new city, and you are far away from your family. I could write a book talking about this, ha. However, now that I’ve been here in the U.S for 8 years, I can say that I don’t have those struggles anymore. Now that I’m married and have one child, everything is so much different. I created roots here and I am used to the American life.
- What’s your go to outfit?
I am such a carefree person, I like to dress up for an event, but usually I go for a nice pair of jeans and a t-shirt. That’s my go to outfit. I can wear it anywhere.
- What are your must have beauty products for an everyday effortless look?
I don’t wear a lot of makeup but, for a simple everyday wear, I like to wear a little bit of eyeliner, and a light pink lipstick.
- Who is your favorite blogger?
There are several bloggers that I love and admire. Some of them are Sincerely Jules, Collage Vintage, Camila Coelho, Camila Coutinho and Aimee Yong. These are just a few of the bloggers I love.
- Where do you shop most for great deals and bargains?
A great website for bargains is SheIn. They sell everything at wholesale price. It can take up to a month to receive the merchandise so buy it in advance if you need something for a special occasion. I am always in the look out for great deals. I look for store sales and I check my e-mails often for them.
I hope you enjoyed reading this special post. Let me know if you want me to do another Q&A in the future!