You are close to your due date, and it’s time to pack your maternity bag. But what do you really need to bring? This is my third pregnancy, so I’ve learned from the past two that you don’t need much. Other blogs and articles will tell you to bring Roku sticks, books, etc., but the reality is that you won’t have time for any of that.
You only need to pack these things to the hospital on the day of labor and delivery:
- Car seat
- Health Insurance
In your hospital bag:
- Clothes for your husband/partner. 2-3 t-shirts, a pair of shorts and sweat pants, a sweater or sweatshirt, underwear & socks. Pillow is optional.
- For mom: light robe for walking with the baby in the hallway, a pair of comfortable sleepers, loose and comfortable going home clothes, postpartum undies, nursing bra, nipple pads, and easy-to-nurse PJs. In my past experience, I brought PJs to the hospital, but I ended up wearing the hospital gown the whole time.
- For baby: a swaddle, two newborn outfits, tiny socks, and a hat.
- Toiletries for mom and partner: shampoo, lotion, bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, and only a few essential makeup products.
- You can bring an Instax instant camera for fun pictures if you have room. Don’t forget phone chargers and any other chargers you may need.
Things the hospital will have available in the room for you to Use and take home:
- New Born Diapers
- Samples of nipple cream
- Newborn swaddle
- Large pads for mom
I tried to make this list as simple as possible to help you prepare for the delivery day!
Watch my REELS video on IG to see me packing for the hospital!