Santa’s cookies are fun and yummy for the whole family. Easy to make, this recipe will leave everyone with a smile on their faces.
I always thought that making cookies was a hard thing to do, but the more I made them, the easier it got. This recipe is super yummy and the whole family will love it. My kids LOVE baking with me so if you have any kids, grandkids, have them bake with you!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature not melted
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of unsweetened chocolate chip and red and green M&M
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda
- At medium speed, beat the butter and sugars until blended well
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until it’s mixed in
- Add the flour mixture slowly and mix in until just incorporated. Do not overmix
- Add chocolate chips and stir. Don’t overmix
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and make golf size balls to go on the baking sheet
- Bake the cookies until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned, and the middle looks slightly uncooked
- Small cookies bake for about 8-10 minutes, and larger cookies bake for 11-13 minutes
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack or cutting board
- Time to ENJOY!
Tip, make sure to cover the cookies for the next day. They will turn hard if you don’t. Also, we like to add extra M&M’s on top of the cookies before they go into the oven. That way you can see them popping out. Watch me and my kids make this recipe over on Instagram.